West Bengal Government is implementing the Sufal Bangla Scheme which have protected consumers from the spike in food inflation.
About Sufal Bangla Scheme:
- Sufal Bangla Scheme is an initiative of the Government of West Bengal.
Objectives of the scheme:
- To help the farmer’s get premium price and have rational share in consumer’s price
- To supply quality produce at less retail price to the consumers and
- Make fruit and vegetable producer’s retail market competitive.
Features of the scheme:
- The scheme involves fair-price stalls and counters across the city which allows people to procure vegetables at affordable prices.
- These fruits and vegetables are directly procured from the farmers without any intermediaries.
- This will safeguard the interests of farmers by ensuring a fair price and will also protect consumers from the spike in food inflation.
- The scheme is run with the assistance of National Dairy Development Board and the financial support of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.It is implemented by the Paschimbanga Agri Marketing Corporation Ltd.