The Ministry of Defence(MoD) has approved the rules of business for the newly created Department of Military Affairs(DMA).
About Department of Military Affairs(DMA):
- The Department of Military Affairs(DMA) is headed by the Chief of Defence Staff(CDS).
- It is the fifth department in the Ministry of Defence(MoD).The others being the Department of Defence, the Department of Defence Production, the Department of Defence Research and the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare.
Services under the Department of Military Affairs(DMA):
- Promotions and postings of senior officers
- War wastage reserves of 3 forces
- Procurement of ammunition
- Major Infrastructure projects like creation of new naval bases
- Overseas deployment of warships
- Size, shape and composition of army
- Supply of arms and ammunition to neighbouring nations.
Services retained by Ministry of Defence:
- All capital procurements
- Any matter that has an impact on defence policy
- Secretariat of Defence acquisition Council among others.